If you are leaving your unit for an extended period of time, below is a general checklist to consider prior to departing. This list is not exhaustive but only suggestive. Additional departure tasks may apply for your unit. If you are a tenant or guest, you should contact your condo owner / landlord for a specific list.
Your holiday is coming to an end, here are a few things you need to do before leaving the beach condo:
- Please put the AC fan in the lowest speed and temperature setup at 80°F. Call me if you need help!
- Flush toilet one last time.
- Shut down the water valve (inside the unit) over the water heater tank ¼ turn.
Note: This task is required by the HOA to minimize water damage from undiscovered potential leaks.
- Close all windows, doors and blinds.
- Make sure the lanai sliding door is locked.
- Empty fridge of all perishable food.
- Make sure all water faucets and toilets are not dripping/running water.
- Make sure all lights, TV and other devices are OFF.
- The cleaning person will take care of bed sheets and towels.
- Make sure the front door is locked when you leave by trying to get back inside. If not, turn the inside door knob horizontally and try again.
- Do not forget any personal property behind.
- Please confirm your departure time so we can schedule the cleaning
Enjoy your trip back and thanks for your business, it was a pleasure hosting you.
Have a safe trip back.